Mission Grant Criteria and Restrictions
Applications Accepted October 1-31
- Mission Grants are matching funds grants. Applicants must demonstrate how they will fund--dollar for dollar--an amount equal to the grant funds awarded. For example a $1,000 project could apply for a $500 grant with the church raising the other $500 for the project’s projected expenses.
- Applicants should describe how the project will be sustained after grant funding ends.
- Grants typically range from $250-$2,000. Extraordinary applications for up to $5,000 will be considered.
- Grant funds cannot be used for salaries, stipends, brick and mortar building projects related to the church, equipment, vehicles or short-term mission trip travel.
- New projects will be given priority.
- Applicants can reapply for a second year of funding if all reports and conditions are met from the previous grant.
- Applications for agencies/organizations must originate and be strongly connected to a local church in the Mississippi Annual Conference.
- Only one grant per church may be submitted.
- Application must demonstrate how the project will form spiritual leaders, develop new places for new people, renew existing congregations and/or engage in ministry with the poor. In short, these grants should help churches to live out the Mississippi Annual Conference’s four Core Values of The POWER of We. Along with these considerations, we are looking for projects that are sharing the love of Jesus Christ in ways that are creative and innovative.
- These grants are funded by mission shares. Therefore, a church’s participation in contributing to mission shares and direct billing for pensions is considered when evaluating the grant application.
- Churches will have approximately eight (8) months to complete their projects. All recipients must complete their project, expend all grant and matching funds and complete the online Grant Recipient Witness Report by September 1. Organizations that do not fulfill this requirement or whose reports do not include all required reporting elements will not be considered for any future grants. Receipts must be submitted for both the grant funds awarded and the matching funds spent by the church.
- Award notification letters will include more details about the exact reporting requirements for the grant.
- Applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive a separate email requesting the email addresses of your district supervisor and senior pastor. These two individuals will be notified of your application and asked to complete a brief online recommendation. If you have not discussed your plans for the grant with them already, please do so now.
For questions regarding this process, contact James Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.